Saturday, January 20, 2024

A Few of My Favorite Things

 

 

1. Patterned Rug.  Textures are the foundation of any environment.  Rugs create comfort, tie in color schemes and patterns, and give a sense of personality to a room.  As an aspiring interior designer, I always appreciate rugs as a focal point and basis for decorating new spaces. 

2. Blank Canvas.  A blank canvas is both intimidating and exciting.  Its potential for beauty can be overwhelming, especially knowing there are millions of other artists in world.  However, like the uncertainty of life, there is beauty in enjoying the process of painting without expectations for the results.  I admire art that is organic, flowing from an artist's personality and feelings in a setting/moment.

3. My Bible.  I am encouraged and in awe of this book, which I believe comes from the inspired words of God.  It guides me in my walk through life and provides a constant source of joy and peace to me.

4. My Ántonia.  I appreciate a poetic book.  This book in particular made words drip from the pages like honey.  It was one of those books where I was more invested in the language of the author than the story itself.  I could see, for example, the prairie on fire with golden light at sunset, the turquoise sky, and silver evening star.

5. Perfume.  My favorite perfume is scented like the fragrance of flowers.  Wearing it makes me feel feminine and reminds me of my grandmother.

6. Paintbrush.  Art has always been my strength and passion.  My aim is to make a difference in the world through art, whether that is by adding color and light to a dull room in a doctor's office or teaching children to think creatively. 

7. Makeup.  Cream blush and lip gloss are two essential items of my makeup routine.  I would never leave the house without them! 

8.  Clay Dish.  I enjoy walks on the beach with friends, collecting pretty seashells, and looking for shark's teeth.  My friend Elizabeth and I bought some air dry clay and decided to make cute jewelry dishes with our collections.  It will serve as a reminder of college and sweet friends.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme Park Sculpture

  Theme Park Sculpture  Wood, Paint, Cardboard, Masking Tape, Red and Orange String 14 x 14 x 3 1/2    Artist Statement                     ...